Post new topic   Reply to topic    Novus Vicis Forum Index -> Boss Encounters/Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Astarothe_

re: H Jikun ideas

Rox, not asta...

I watched a few vids where a pally tank was taking up to 5 of the debuffs before needing a tank swap, this absolutely requires a cd for anything past 3, as well as a very accurately timed SoTR. (I could not get my timer in DBM to display Talon Rake at all...which is why I missed quite a few, will re DL)

The pallys I watched had significantly more hp than Ruqia, but nowhere near Addanc, and we all witnessed him taking 5 stacks...granted the 5th one about 1shot him. With that being a possibility, it will allow us to simply have a boss tank, and an add tank like Del originally suggested.

My thought is to bring Roxee and be the add tank b/c of the crazy aoe and added mobility. I'll still have to tank the boss for the minimum duration to allow for Addanc's stacks to drop, but shouldn't have any problem taking 1-3 stacks. I really think the added DPS on the platforms will be key in killing dat big bird. I'll start optimizing stats for that encounter specifically bumping up stam and mastery.

Thoughts, comments, concerns?

Input from the beast known as Addanc would be great :P

re: re

He's not a beast, he has a beast healer.
Addancc
Raider

Lol! Ur good on any tank Rox. I got done watching a setup on how they did this with only doing 8 nest then just zerging him ill explain when we go Monday but ill also give a description of how it went,leave questions if u have any after you read it.

Our setup
Group1 -Del,Dank,Mira and Sacrid Not Addanc since I will not be flying anywhere an it gives Sacrid 3 feathers to work with since he an Mira switched platform duties an hes gona be on there full time

Group2-Worm,Thee,Gandi,Majer or some1 if majer cant make Monday Oz?

Platform Team-Addanc an Sacrid but only after Sacrid helps group1 with that first nest to get his 3 feathers

Guardians those birds that appear that need to be tanked only appear in group 2,4,8,12 but since were only doing 8 nest ill get to that in a bit

Things to note an I will do a better job of calling it out since ill be on main platform the whole time.

Quills-no 1 should be flying to any nest while that shet is being cast!

FEED YOUNG THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR HEALS AND DPS YOU GUY NEED TO GET THIS EVEN IF WE GO THE LONG WAY AN DO ALL THE NEST WERE STILL GONA WIPE IF PPL ARENT TAKING ADVANTAGE OF IT, IVE BEEN LOOKING AT PPLS LOGS AN WE NEED OUR DPS TO GET ON THAT BIRD POOP LACED WITH STEROIDS-AKA PRIMAL NUTRIENT

Start of the fight Group1 plus Sacrid are burning nest 1 they come up, Sacrid is on platform duty the whole time with me Group 2 now takes off with Rox an do there thing on nest 2(While on platform group 1 I will give a shout Hey Mofos feed young in 10 at 5 sec they will use there second feather to fly above him while still dpsing BCUZ YOU CAN STILL CAST WHILE FLYING an will collect some of that green PRIMAL NUTRIENT now they continue to burn but if group2 has returned group1 will now take off to nest 3 an use that buff on nest 3. Now that group 2 is on the platform again I will call out Feed young in 10 secs an 5 secs ppl from group 2 will fly over him while still dpsing an collect the green shit buff aka primal nutrient.Group1 now returns an burns boss while group2 leaves with rox an does nest 4 group2 returns , group1 takes off to do nest 5,6,7 while group 2 burns boss while getting primal nutrient ill call out feed young in 10 like I said group1 will return group 2 now takes off with rox they do nest 8 they come down an this is where the burning begins since 9-10 are the double nest we stay at that point he''l do his feed young an evry1 should have 1-2 feathers left will flyover him when I call out feed young in 10 ppl take off at 5 secs so there should be 8 ppl up there getting that green buff they come down we pop hero take second pot an burn him heals just need to heal accordingly dmg isnt gona be high right off the bat so they can start dpsing aswell 2 disc priest ftw an a mistweaving monk an then switch to heals as dmg increases including there cooldowns 1 by 1 we kill him an loot him...... ill explain feather management a lil better in vent cuz I know some of you arfe like how do u know were gona have 1-2 feathers left there at the end so that it for now tell me if u like it I saw it in action an it was awesome!

GIFSoup
Delanath
Officer

Mmm, I'm not sure we should get into the habit of switching you around from toon to toon, Ruq. You'll end up with 2 sub-par geared toons and the raid will suffer for it. But, if switching for this fight can get us over the hump we could do it since you weren't tanking full time a couple months back and things are still a bit ... in flux.
Astarothe_

That sounds fun...I saw the people waiting on the upper platforms for a hot min after killing the nests so they could intercept feed young on the way down...tank included...mind boggling!!

Multiple toons is a strat that some heroic guilds use...its not all about the ilvl...Its bringing the right tool for the current task. And I play enough to push my ilvl to a satisfactory raiding ilvl solo, at least for normal that is. If its a "we don't want you to get "2x" the loot, and everyone else be pissed cause they don't"...then I understand where your coming from...but id counter that im always willing to pass on gear...itll drop again. I have a pretty decent-good understanding of both tanking classes, and play them at about the same skill level...so, theres no good reason not to use the tools that I bring to the table...I have no fav...other than WW monk...and that's not an option.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: