View previous topic :: View next topic  
Astarothe_

re: Ways of the Windwalker

A little info for the curious monks.

The stats: Hit/Exp-7.5%>Agi>Haste(6-8k...more on this)>Crit>=Mastery

-Obviously not being able to hit the boss is bad news bears, so hit/exp cap yourself to avoid that from happening.

-Agility is the bees knees...AP and crit in one?....crazy.  Get some!

-Haste is the next priority after getting yourself hit/exp capped.  The amount of haste you'll want to have will depend on a few things.  If you take Ascension as a tier 3 talent you can get away with lower haste than if you were to take Chi Brew.  If you have the cd reduction trinket you can get away with less haste...same goes with the new tier 4pc bonus.  6-8k haste is what I recommend but go with what feels comfortable.

-Crit is yummy, after getting your haste to a comfortable point, bump your crit up a bit so you can drool over big Rising Sun Kick numbers.

-Mastery was redesigned again making you have a chance to gain an additional stack of TEB when you gain one...to me this was slightly meh until they made it work along with Chi Brew...mastery is now winning and you'll want to have a bit of this.  I keep mine slightly below my crit.

The (yawn) Talents:

Tier 1 - I urge you not to be lazy and take Tigers Lust...its amazing and will allow you to always beat Thelann wherever you are going.

Tier 2 - Basically Chi Wave for single target and Chi Burst for AoE and if your raid/group could use a heal during heavy dmg when all grouped up.  Side note on Zen Sphere...it has the potential to be amazing but way more difficult to use imo.  You can get two ZS out at once...one on you, one on the melee next to you or the tank...its just gonna sit there over yall's head pulsating damage and healing you while you continue your rotation...it nearly requires a mouseover macro to be utilized correctly w/o suffering a dps loss.

Tier - 3 Ascension if you have lower than desired haste...trying to use Chi Brew with subpar haste rating feels terrible and very sluggish...but once you achieve your haste benchmark Chi Brew is a dangerous weapon.  45sec cd with 2xcharges...each charge grants two Chi and two stacks of TEB...neat right...well, you see, it works with mastery...meaning those two stacks of TEB per charge can turn into to four stacks of TEB...and with 2xcharges of the ability a possible eight stacks of TEB can be generated almost instantly as the ability is off the global cd allowing for 10 stacks of TEB to be generated very quickly after the initial pull on a boss...starting with 0 is simply evil...

Tier 4 Ring of Peace if you need a silence Charging Ox Wave if you need a stun.

Tier 5 Diffuse Magic if you need a dispel or Dampen Harm if no dispel is needed and there are predictable big hits in an encounter.

Tier 6 Xuen if single target and/or rare aoe opportunity...Rushing Jade Wind if aoe is possible often during an encounter...ie Galakras or Tortos

Glyphs:

Major: Touch of Karma...amazing glyph...major def cd and minor offensive cd...this glyph will simply make it easier to use by adding some range.

Zen Meditation...allows to use and move...wonderful for cheesing mechanics and moving, will still break if you suffer physical damage, so know if the aoe is physical or magic based before counting on it to save your hide.

These are the best two imo... Fortuitous Healing Spheres is a very nice one too...free healing orb at low health a nice glyph for the third slot but its up to you and will change depending on the encounter.

Minor:Blackout Kick glyph is a must in pve...sometimes you are going to be in front of the boss and you still want to have BK do its dot effect.  I suppose you could run w/o if you needed more self healing...but standing in front of the boss is a dps loss as you don't have the exp rating as Ww to do so.

The Rotation: Easy, but a little confusing at first. Its a priority system.

Single Target

• No Rising Sun Kick debuff on your target -> Rising Sun Kick
  • No Tiger Power buff on you, or Tiger Power runs out in less than 3 seconds -> Tiger Palm
  • Tigereye Brew has 10 stacks -> Tigereye Brew
  • More than 5 seconds for your energy to cap -> Energizing Brew
  • Invoke Xuen
  • Rising Sun Kick is ready -> Rising Sun Kick
  • Tier 2 Talent
  • Energizing Brew is not active, Tiger Power has 3 stacks and more than 4 seconds left, and more than 5 seconds for your energy to cap -> Fists of Fury
  • Combo Breaker: Blackout Kick procced -> Blackout Kick
  • 3+ Chi and energy will cap in less than 2 seconds -> Blackout Kick
  • Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm procced and more than 2 seconds for energy to cap -> Tiger Palm
  • Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm procced and the proc has less than 2 seconds left on it -> Tiger Palm
  • 1 or less chi and Power Strikes is ready, or 2 or less chi if Power Strikes isn't ready -> Jab
  • Max chi -> Blackout Kick
  • Enough energy will regenerate to Jab for chi for Rising Sun Kick when it comes off cooldown -> Blackout Kick

Cleave - 2 targets

• Cast Storm, Earth, and Fire on targets that you are not targetting. 
  • Follow the single-target rotation, ensuring that you refresh Tiger Palm and Rising Sun Kick following Storm, Earth, and Fire (if it is necessary to re-create one of the clones)
  • Tier 2 Talent

AoE - 3 or more targets

• Cast Storm, Earth, and Fire on targets that you are not targetting.
  • No Rising Sun Kick debuff on your target -> Rising Sun Kick
  • Tiger Power runs out in less than 3 seconds -> Tiger Palm
  • Tigereye Brew has 10 stacks -> Tigereye Brew
  • Tier 2 Talent
  • More than 5 seconds for your energy to cap -> Energizing Brew
  • Invoke Xuen or Rushing Jade Wind
  • Max chi -> Rising Sun Kick
  • Spinning Crane Kick

Helpful Macros

Mouseover Tigers Lust - /cast [target=mouseover] Tiger's Lust

Mouseover Storm, Earth, and Fire - /cast [target=mouseover] Storm, Earth, and Fire

Mouseover Zen Sphere - /cast [target=mouseover] Zen Sphere

^These take some getting used to^

Cancel Storm, Earth, and Fire - /cancelaura Storm, Earth, and Fire

-Very useful when you need to eliminate the clones and bump your single target dmg when something need to die quickly

My "boom" macro - /cast Tigereye Brew

/use 'on use trinket name' or if you are an eng with tinkered gloves, you would put them here

Random Tips:

• Ww dps is rather fast paced and requires you to be on your toes to perform to potential.  W/o having dots or strong ranged you must be dpsing a target as often as an encounter permits...You'll want to use your defensive cds, movement cds, and SE&F to dps your target(s) through mechanics (cheesing).  ie...Touch of Karma on Elegon when he casts the big aoe blast, Diffuse Magic on h. Jin Rokh to remove the dispellable debuff he cast on everyone (still have to be out of group :P), or roll/Flying Serpent Kick/Transcendence to move from Garrosh's steam rollers of death at the last second.  Be creative.
  • Using SE&F is wonderful for your epeen always, but sometimes the raid needs your valuable single target dps more than a cleave...ie focusing down Sul or getting the adds down on Windlord in HoF...can be humbling when others are aoeing the entire time...but I can assure you the victory will be reward enough
  • Don't try to force SE&F...if adds are only going to be up for 10-15secs...you really don't have the time to get the clone out and get him/her set up with RSK and TP before it will die...so its a waste
  • Always be behind your target whenever possible...giggle

Tired of typing.  Monks are too much fun.

Questions/comments welcome as ive most likely left lots of stuff out.

re: re

Thanks for taking the time to make a guide to help peeps out man. I really appreciate you and Thel working on things like this. I'm always bugging Thel, Addanc, Lab and wormmy to check logs and armory's to help peeps get better and making us stronger! I wish I had someone helping me out when I started playing. I think most people assume that all WOW players should know what they're doing but this is simpily not realistic. I started raiding because I just so happened to be online and someone from my guild asked me if i wanted to come. I was a fresh 85 and I never played a MMO before. I didn't even understand the concept of raiding. I was clueless. There was another priest that we raided with but he either, assumed I knew what I was doing or that I should have. Or maybe he just didn't want to offend me. We should never assume anything or be afraid to approach someone. Now I go out of my way to stalk people and help them out because I want them to get better and I know they will appreciate it in the end. I think we lose too many potentially good players that just need a little nudge in the right direction. Most people would just get discouraged and stop playing. So, thank you.
Thelann
Raider

re: Re: re

Gandhis Fist wrote:
 I think most people assume that all WOW players should know what they're doing but this is simpily not realistic.

You mean to say not everyone came out of the womb playing an MMO?

Anyways, TL;DR: You're never going to be as good as Roxee.

re: Re: Ways of the Windwalker

Astarothe_ wrote:

Tier 1 - I urge you not to be lazy and take Tigers Lust...its amazing and will allow you to always beat Thelann wherever you are going.

Seriously, though... You shouldn't put blatant lies in your guide, Roxee.

re: Re: re

Thelann wrote:
Gandhis Fist wrote:
 I think most people assume that all WOW players should know what they're doing but this is simpily not realistic.

You mean to say not everyone came out of the womb playing an MMO?

Anyways, TL;DR: You're never going to be as good as Roxee.

I think we are missing an important fact here. Clearly I am the more amazing monk here.

DerEinVlad
Raider

re: Ways of the Windwalker

I want to learn how to use game controllers with my feat,, and not I am not talking about NES Atari and action-box ones,, I can do that already..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Novus Vicis Forum Index -> Class Information All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: